Important Fulfillment Update
07. June 2020
- The production has been fully completed last week.
- The fulfillment of this campaign will start this week. Please read this update, it is a "must-read" for all backers.
- Soundtrack of the Week: Calling All Dawns- Full Angel City Chorale Concert
I hope that you had a good weekend 😊 in the following update I will give you all important information about the fulfillment of this campaign. This update is a “must-read” for all our backers, so please read it carefully.
Last week the expansion "Darwin's Choice – Before and After" was finally produced and Darwin's Encyclopedia (which was produced in Poland) arrived at Ludofact's warehouse. With this the production is 100% complete and we can move on to the next step, the fulfillment.
Your location on the globe defines the duration of the fulfillment and also the responsible fulfillment center.
- Responsible Fulfillment Center: Quartermaster Logistics
- Bulk Shipping: 6-8 weeks to Florida
- Individual Shipping: Will start asap after the palettes have arrived. (end of July/August)
- Canada: Canadian packages will be sent on a palette to Canada > custom is paid by us (as promised)
(2) Australia/New Zealand:
- Responsible Fulfillment Center: Aetherworks
- Bulk Shipping: 8-10 weeks to Sydney.
- Individual Shipping: Will start asap after the palette has arrived. (August)
(3) ALL Asian countries (including India, I made a mistake in last week's update, India is not sent from Europe)
- Responsible Fulfillment Center: VFI Asia
- Bulk Shipping: 6-8 weeks to Xiamen.
- Individual Shipping: Will start asap after the palette has arrived. (end of July/August)
If you belong to one of these three regions (1,2,3) you will receive an email with your tracking number once your package has been shipped (and before that, you will also receive an email to verify your address > Please check your emails regularly!). This email will also state who you can contact if there is a problem with your package. This means that first you should contact the fulfillment center in case of a problem with your package. If nobody there answers you or if you don't feel taken seriously, you can of course contact us at any time! (We will always take time for you) If you contact us, it helps us a lot if you describe your problem in detail and give us all important information (e.g. tracking number, name, address...).
Then to the last two regions.
(4) EU, GB (including Guernsey but without Jersey, Orkney Isles and Isle of Wight), Bermuda, Brazil (packages with 3+ items), Greenland, Iceland, Mexico (packages with 3+ items), Norway, Serbia and Ukraine:
- No bulk shipping, individual shipping will start in the end of next week directly from Germany. The closer you live to Germany the faster you will receive your package.
If you belong to region (4) I'm your contact person, not the fulfillment center! In case of a problem always contact me. Two things are very important:
- (I) If you have moved since January please provide me your new address until Wednesday. (you can check your address on Gamefound) If you will move in June/July, please provide me a "save" address e.g. of a friend, family member. Please do not forget this, otherwise high return costs will result and neither you nor us want to pay these.
- (II) Please check your emails/KS personal message regularly in the end of next week and the week of June 15th. Because you will receive your tracking number from me. This is decisive for a smooth delivery.
(5) Switzerland, GB (Jersey, Orkney Isles and Isle of Wight), Mexico (packages below 3 items), South America (packages below 3 items) and the Middle East/Arabia:
- We fulfill your pledge 😊
- Bulk Shipping: 1 week. We should receive the palettes in the week of June 15thand will then immediately start with individual shipping.
If you belong to region (5) I'm your contact person! In case of a problem always contact me. Three things are very important:
- (I) If you have moved since January please provide me your new address until June 17th. (you can check your address on Gamefound) If you will move in June/July, please provide me a "save" address e.g. of a friend, family member. Please do not forget this, otherwise high return costs will result and neither you nor us want to pay these.
- To all Swiss backers, you won't receive a tracking number. We all know that the Swiss Post is very reliable :)
- All other backers in this region, I will contact every single one of you by email before sending your package to guarantee a smooth delivery.
A few potential fulfillment "problems" I would like to address right here:
1. The tracking number says "delivered", but you haven't received a package: Please check all entrances of your house, ask all your flat mates and neighbors and consider if you have given me an address of a family member/friend. Please don't contact your fulfillment center until you have checked all these options.
2 The tracking number indicates that the package will be returned. In this case you didn't give me your correct shipping address. Please contact me then, because this means that the double amount of shipping costs will occur, and we must find a common solution. (Please just give me your correct address, then this problem will never occur ;))
3. The tracking number says that the package is at customs. For Australia, the USA, Canada, the EU and Switzerland, we have promised that all packages will be sent from within the country and therefore no further charges must be paid. With all other countries the package can get stuck at customs and possibly additional fees will result (we of course hope that this will not be the case). Unfortunately, we can't do anything about that, i.e. we can’t speed up the customs process nor pay you back these costs.
In the following I would like to show you what you can do to support us in the upcoming fulfillment process:
1. How to contact us in case of a problem: If you have a problem, please send us an email to [email protected] or a Kickstarter personal message. Please don't write a comment, because the comment section is like our window and we don't want other backers to get insecure even if the problem is easy to solve. Additionally, the problem solution will always be performed by mail anyway, because you can't give me your personal data (tracking number, address, real name...) in the comment section. As soon as you have sent us a mail or message, we will give you an answer within a maximum of 24h. Normally we are even much faster in replying. If we should not answer you within these 24h hours (which will not happen), then please write a comment like "Hello Marc, I have sent you a mail, have you seen it?", because a mail can also get lost or land in the SPAM, but we always see a comment. If we don't get in touch with you within 24 hours (after this comment), you are welcome to express your displeasure in the comment section, because that shouldn't and won't happen!
2. What should you do when you receive the package? Please check the contents immediately and inform us within a maximum of 7 days if there is a problem, i.e. components are missing, components are damaged, your delivery is not complete, etc. Some of you will certainly have such a problem, because no process is perfect. Ludofact has a very high accuracy, but of the thousands of copies we ordered, 2-3 will surely be faulty. In addition, there is always the possibility of damage during shipping. If you want to report a problem to us, a detailed description including photos is very helpful. We will do everything in our power to ensure that all backers are satisfied in the end. But please do not report every tiny scratch that you would e.g. accept in every local board game shop. But as you know, we are very accommodating i.e. even if your favorite card got lost or broke apart in 5 years, we will see that we can replace it 😊
3. Please check the Kickstarter page again. Half a year has passed since the campaign and you may have forgotten what you ordered 😉 Darwin's Choice/the Expansion/the Encyclopedia haven't changed much since the Kickstarter campaign, i.e. there have been mainly design changes. The products you backed are the products you get. I just want to make sure that your expectations and the reality are as congruent as possible!
4. We would really like to see more than just problems reported to us ;) Write us a comment (on KS/Social media) or email, when you have successfully received the package, when you have played Darwin’s Choice with your friends or when you have finished reading the encyclopedia. We've spent an incredible amount of time on this project. Positive feedback would mean a lot to us!
5. Of course we would also be very happy about your feedback regarding fulfillment and product quality! This would be very helpful so that we know which companies we should continue to work with in the future.
As I said, I can simply promise you that we will always take your problems/questions seriously and will always answer you within 24 hours. So, if you write to us, please don't be "toxic"! Mistakes can and will happen, but we will find a solution for everyone, because every single backer is equally important to us!
Three important additional remarks I would like to make at the end:
1. To all backers that backed an Original Artwork of Rozenn I will contact you personally before sending the artwork. Because we have only one try for these, there is no "replacement" = you will receive two packages i.e. your pledge in one package and the original artwork in a second one.
2. To all backers to which I promised something (e.g. translators). I didn't forget about it and took a note about every single promise. If your promise is something that has to be shipped, it won't be included in your "pledge" package. You will receive a second package.
3. New Campaign: Atm we plan to launch our third campaign for the jigsaw puzzles June 16th, because production is finished, bulk shipments will all take place this week and several backers should receive their pledge before the launch. But we will keep a watchful eye on the situation and if something does not go as planned, we will postpone the launch by one week if necessary.
That would be it from my side! I hope that everything is clear. Otherwise I will gladly answer your questions in the comments. Have a nice week and read you soon :)
With best regards,
Marc, Elio and Samuel